Good morning everyone! It been a few rough days for me. I did go back to work and still healing from my last surgery. I know God had a plan for me and sometimes we do not see it till it hits us right in the face. I have been blogging for about three mouths now and have learned a lot about blogging. If you are doing it I commend you for doing it. I have been slacking a little bit since I am still healing and trying to get rest at night. Here are a few ideas I have about blogging.
My top 10 blogging suggestions.
- My first suggestion is to be consistent. The more you can stick to a post time and do it daily the more people will be looking for your page. Currently my blog hosting site is free but being consistence help people find you.
- Find a topic you can be a expert at. Everyone want to know you know the topic you are talking about. For me this is easy because I am talking about my life and what God is doing in it. If I started to talk about video production I would also know a lot in that subject to.
- Next have real pictures of yourself. I have found that everyone wants to see you and what going on in your life. My biggest post was when I started and me and Jennifer announcing our engagement.
- Always have Categories. Categories are like a file system on your blog page. If anyone wanted to look up a topic on your blog they would find it the Categories. Everything you talked about would be filed in a word base. For example I have talked about faith. When you look up this word you would see multiple post about this blog.
- Make sure your tags match what you are talking about. Tags will help people find you and help people find topics they are searching for on Google, Yahoo, or other search platforms. After I write my blog I then go though the blog and start to use words I have in my blog that reference with what I talked about.
- Always share on Facebook, Twitter or other social media platforms. I am a big believer that with out social media a lot of what is posted in blogs would not be seen. Social media will help out the most to get your word out there. It might be small at first but will build as you go.
- Find a name that fits your blog. A name for your blog is a big thing. It tells people about what they are expecting to find out in your blog. If I started to talk about cars that would not fit with the name of my blog. If you have a little money I would also suggest to get a official name like a .com or other web site name company.
- Advertise your work. If you are working for a company or yourself and need people to ether purchase a product or signup for a class I would suggest advertising on Facebook or online. It will help you get your message out there. You will see a big difference if you are targeting the right audience.
- Have a product that you want to sell. This one I still working on but a good one is a t-shirt shop. Since I have a creative mind it very easy for me to create them. Then post them on sites where you do not have to have products to hold. A few examples of shops are Cafepress and Spreadshirt. If you are doing a fundraiser I would suggest Teespring.
- Write from the heart. People love to feel you as you are writing you blog. If you are genuine they will see it in your words. Most of the time you can tell when someone is trowing junk out there and not really writing from the heart.
This is a short list of my suggestions on writing a blog and what I have learned as I have been writing for 3 mouths. I know I have not learned everything and still learning as I go. I would love to hear what you suggest and what you write about.
Thank you again for stopping in and following me on my wonderful journey. I will start to write more again. I know God is teaching me a lot as I write these blogs. I am still lifting all you up in prayer and know I am being lifted up to. Me and Jennifer are still preparing for our wonderful wedding and looking forward to a new life together. Below are two blog post that will help you out in your journey.
Have a blessed day,
Carlton Lucas Moss