I know that we all have them. We can run the spectrum from being happy one moment to being angry the next moment. I can attest to that because I have been there. The Bible is full of feelings written in it. Today I will share a few verses on different feelings you may have.
- Titus 1:7-9 “7 For an overseer,[a] as God’s steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, 8 but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. 9 He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound[b] doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.”
Isaiah 60:1-22 “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising. Lift up your eyes all around, and see; they all gather together, they come to you; your sons shall come from afar, and your daughters shall be carried on the hip. Then you shall see and be radiant; your heart shall thrill and exult, because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you, the wealth of the nations shall come to you.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7 “7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
- Psalm 34:4“I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.”
- 1 John 4:8 “Anyone who does not love does not know God because God is love.” These are just a sample of what the Bible says about these feelings. I know there are a lot of others I did not touch like jealousy, envious, happiness just to name a few more. If you feel these feelings, do not let them fester inside, but talk to a friend and have them pray for you. As before, if you like to talk, feel free to reach out. If I can not help you, I know other’s that can.Have a blessed day,
Carlton Lucas Moss